Thursday, September 12, 2013

Little Things About Our Little Moses

Yesterday I was reading an article in the August Ensign by President Eyring about gratitude and thanksgiving and looking for the hand of God in our lives. He concluded his comments by reminding us about the power of keeping a journal and how that practice can open our eyes even more to the blessings that our Heavenly Father has given us. That got me feeling a bit guilty for being horrible at keeping up on journal, but also made me want to be better at recognizing the hand of God in my life. On this train of reflection I realized that one major blessing in my life that I am almost constantly reminded of is that of having a baby growing inside me! I love being pregnant! I can still remember the rough seven or eight weeks of ALL day sickness, but being able to feel my little one move around and kick-box all of my insides and realizing that I'll get to meet her soon makes it all worth it!
So in the spirit of journal writing and being grateful, here are some things that Dylan and I have learned about our Little Moses from the few weeks that she has been with us.

  • She does not like it when I do dishes. She continuously kicks the part of my tummy that is pushing up against the counter.
  • She loves to push and kick back at me when I push on her. 
  • She does not like it when Dylan tries to snuggle with me and puts his arm around my belly. She is always trying to kick or push his arm off.
  • She has a bright future in many careers: boxing, professional soccer player, percussionist, or gymnast. 
  • She does not like it when I wear belts ( so my pants don't fall off) or when I sit for a long period of time with my pants buttoned. ( I am still wearing my regular jeans because they still fit! Hahaha! I'll be getting maternity jeans soon.)
  • She loves to do barrel rolls about ten minutes after I start eating and then I usually comment to whoever is around me that the food just got to the baby.
  • She is always reminding me that she is there and wants my attention. Whenever I get distracted she give me a good hard kick (or a couple of them) and I get to talk to her and she calms right down.
I am looking forward to getting to know our Little Moses more when she makes her appearance sometime in November or December. I am so happy and grateful to be carrying our little girl and am excited for what the future holds for our little family!

P.S. I will try to take some pictures soon and will post!





1 comment: